Sunday, May 23, 2010

She needs a name

I started naming my paintings after the toys in them because it was more interesting. I had started painting the toys because I had gotten bored of traditional still lives, and somehow "still life with marionette" wasn't a far enough leap from "still life with onions". I wanted to make paintings with more narrative; it only seemed natural that the titles should follow suit. Which brings me to the painting below. It's entitled "The Magnifying Glass":


The little gnome-like toy doesn't have a name yet. I already have a Sebbie and a Fuzzie, a horse and a little horse, and host of June bugs. (I have a knitted kiwi bird named Phineas as well, although no painting of him as of yet.) I'm leaning towards Edith for this little green fellow, nods to Nesbit.







Phineas, my kiwi



No comments:

Post a Comment