Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last few days in the studio


I've been trying to get some of the paintings I'm working on in my studio finished before I leave for Alaska. I'm afraid I'll lose momentum with them being gone for two weeks. Here is the 'in progress' image of the latest Sebbie painting:



I should be able to get at least one more full day working on it, which should bring it close enough to where I'm happy leaving it. I've also 'finished' my orchid studies, which means that the orchid has started to lose its flowers. Here are the two studies I did:

Study #1


Study #2


I'm happier with the first one; I think the flowers are more 'flower-like'. Flowers are always a good challenge, they're so deceptively simple. They are far too easy to accidentally paint so they look like cartoons of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment