Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Goldfish portraits

Yesterday I went to the fish store to adopt a fantailed goldfish. There must have been a run on goldfish right before I got there, though, because they only had gray ones left. And while the gray ones were very pretty, they wouldn't do for my painting. I am really excited about the fish because it should be really hard to paint, seeing as it won't hold still. The gold fish is for a portrait I'm working on which I seem determined to make as hard as possible on myself. Here is the in progress image:


There is, obviously, one of the many reference photos I have for this painting taped to the canvas. The goldfish, perhaps also obviously, go in the bowl on his head. I still have a very long way to go with this painting, not the least because the portrait doesn't quite look like the model yet. I'm hoping that by posting this in progress image, my perfectionist self will be goaded into working more diligently on the painting, so I can post a much better image soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment