Sunday, December 26, 2010

Prague in miniature

Winter has quite descended on Europe now. I spent a few weeks in Germany and the Czech Republic, where everything was properly cold and snowy, and I thought I was leaving it all behind by going to Ireland only to find Ireland quite snowed in as well. Painting snow was something which I was rather excited to try, inspired as I am by the Russian schools. I, however, rather brilliantly forgot that painting outside in the snow would be a dreadfully cold endeavor. So in favor of expediency, I've painted snowy Prague landscapes in miniature, 5x5cm. Here are five itty-bitty paintings:







It was quite fun to do tiny paintings. Now I'm eager to get on to some larger pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Miss Tanya! Thanks for sharing more of your work. Glad to see you've been active and well (if not toasty-warm). I hope you had a nice holiday weekend and I wish you a great start to the New Year ...may it bring you some warmer destinations and seascapes to paint!

    ReplyDelete