Monday, September 19, 2011

the makings of a studio

It's been slow going getting the new studio set up for painting. Or maybe it's been a normal speed, but for someone who's been without a studio for so long, the time seems to be dragging.  It does seem, at last, to be coming together, or at least the end is in sight.  Here are a few more pictures:


Corner of the studio amassing still life objects: 


Working area:



Black-out curtain installed in one (of two) of the direct light windows:




Today I broke out the paints and did a little study of some flowers.  I really should have been finishing the sewing of the other black-out curtain, but I think my brushes missed me. 

Corner of the study I did of sunflowers today:


The rest of the painting was rather a flop, but this corner had some redeeming qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment