Thursday, March 29, 2012

Te he he

Sometimes I get so excited about a new painting, or even just the idea for a new painting, that I get all silly and giggly, bouncing up and down like a little kid in a toy store (or, really, for that matter, me in a toy store).  This is definitely one of those times.  So, while I'm really still at the block-in stage, I couldn't resist sharing.




Lessons learned so far: 
A, rib cages not covered in skin are wicked hard to draw--I knew this, was well aware of this in the good ol' days of anatomy class, but had forgotten.
B, I had no idea what the inside of a bird looked like.  I'd been around plenty of them, I thought I did know, but definitely did not.
C, birds evolved from dinosaurs.  The more I look at the chicken, the more I see a raptor-type critter.

No comments:

Post a Comment