Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Ok, so it's not actually the new year, but why wait until January to start on some good new habits?  One of the fabulous things about the Open Studios I participated in last weekend was that it forced me to take a good look at the work I'd done in the last few years.  Any artist will tell you, we're always learning, always growing.  Looking at all my work hung up on my walls, I was reminded how important it is to me to have a goal, a direction, in my work, and how important it is to be always painting.  So, I resolved to paint more, that is, paint daily studies in addition to whatever other work I might have in progress, and to set some time aside each day to plan future paintings.  

First thing in the morning, well, after breakfast, I've dedicated to brief studies.  Here are the first two:


Oil on canvas
-and-
oil on panel:




No comments:

Post a Comment