Friday, February 21, 2014

Drawing...

I'm teaching a drawing workshop the next two Saturdays. It's been a long time since I've taught any drawing other than academic figure drawing, and even that was awhile ago. I thought I should get back into the drawing mindset by doing some drawing myself in the studio--I usually just skip right to the painting part. Thus the little drawing below came into existence. I liked it a lot more before I started adding white chalk--I kind of made a mess of it--but I didn't take a picture at that stage, so I'm sharing this version. I know I don't spend enough time drawing, so it was wonderful to spend some time focused on it just for the exercise of it without worrying too much about the finished piece, as I do so often in painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment