Thursday, July 10, 2014

Studies

I've been working on a lot of things lately. In addition to the usual Sebbie and other still lives, I've been trying to get back into portraiture. I started that attempt with a full length seated figure, which may have been me diving into the deep end without first confirming if I still knew how to swim. I'm getting there, but that painting's been an uphill battle. I decided to start where I should have started, with a simple portrait study, after the fact, and so below you find such a study. It's not wonderful, but it's a start, and it's great to be painting people again, and now I realize how much I need to tweak the lighting in my studio to make it portrait-ready.


After a long day of setting up a new Sebbie and trying to repaint the hands on the above mentioned full length portrait with little success, I decided to take a break and do a portrait of my new studio pet, Lancelot. He's a blue frog, in case that wasn't obvious, he makes me smile and doesn't require feeding or shed on my paintings, so he's perfect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment