Friday, August 14, 2015

Delicious Monster

This piece has been kicking about the studio for months, somewhat neglected, largely because I usually have a Sebbie to be working on as well (still do!) and several other things to boot. But it's my delicious monster--I set up a still life deliberately so full of junk I'd have to change my usual way of painting to approach it. It's ridiculous, and that's why I love it. It's still not finished (blame Sebbie), but it's getting closer. It's taking longer than it should because I was super lazy with the drawing in the beginning and am now playing for my sins by having to fix everything (students, n.b. here you'll find me illustrating what NOT to do, please learn from my frustration). Anyway, that's what's on the easel at the moment, or at least what's on THAT easel.  




No comments:

Post a Comment