Sunday, November 22, 2015

Abandoned

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." Leonardo da Vinci. (I could have sworn someone else said that, but the internet would have me believe it was Leonardo, so I'm going with it--the internet's always right, surely?) At any rate, I've decided to call this painting abandoned, or, that is, finished. We'll see how I feel about it in the morning. I would dearly like to be done with it, but I left the set up in place, which is never a good sign where actually being finished with something is involved. It's called "Delicious Monster", by the way. Because that's the awesome name of a plant, and although this is in no way a plant, I felt this was a delicious mess of a monstrous thing to try to paint, and I wanted to steal the plant's name and use it for a painting. So there. Also, I apologize for the quality of the photograph--during a bout of apparent madness this summer I hid my tripod from myself and despite tearing up a good portion of the studio, I have yet to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment