Monday, April 4, 2016

Just keep painting

Some days, you just don't feel like you can paint. You feel like you should pack up shop and become an accountant, or a banker, or something else, anything else. I've been in one of those slumps. And before you mistake this as an attempted fishing for compliments, let me just say: all artists feel this way sometimes. Even the greats, the inarguable geniuses of the group. So I'm hardly immune. I've been here before, I know one gets over it. And the answer is always the same: just keep painting.

So here are a few more interior studies. Bonus of living in a factory converted to artist spaces: interesting architecture. 




And here's what's really on the easel: my new puppets, in progress, nearly finished, just some touch ups and strings needed.

And lest you think for even one crazy moment I've abandoned him: Sebbie, my darling, also in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment