Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Vacation with paint, or, I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.

I just spent a week in Maine, ostensibly on vacation, but as I brought half the studio with me, it was less a vacation in that sense and more me telling myself, "Look! I'm outside, it's a vacation for the studio painter while you practice plein air!" Myself was not convinced. But, of course, I love painting enough I did it anyway. Mostly, I did a bunch of little studies I will be painting over, but I did do two more ambitious pieces, a focus on a single tree (which I always find difficult) and a rocky river bed with falling water (which I've always been too scared to try--I knew it'd be hard. I wasn't wrong.) And it was cicada molting season, so I painted one of them too. So here they are, my paintings, or my work-cation in a nutshell: 









No comments:

Post a Comment