Saturday, June 30, 2012

Finished... maybe.

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut lately.  Artist's block (writer's block for artists?) seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life, and as I haven't found a cure yet, it's always just a matter of waiting it out.  It's funny, the artist's temperament, the attributes which allow us to be creative are also so very inclined to melodrama, to find every lack of inspiration the end of the world. Alack! Alas! Of course, the reasonable part of myself knows better, and so I've been forcing myself to still pick up my brushes, to do studies, to work out step-by-step demos for the classes I teach, to finish the pieces that have been sitting in the studio nearly done for too long. I think the little guy below is finally done, or nearly so, there may be a few little bits left to tweak. 




Even in my uninspired state, I still think this might be my favorite Sebbie painting yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment