Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Daily study hide and seek

 I haven't been doing my daily studies quite as daily as their title suggests, which is okay by me, because my neglect of said studies is due to other paintings I've been working on, and not to a lack of painting time. I do, however, mean to keep at them, even if they are only really brief and small, because quick studies keep me fresh, they keep me looking and searching and on my toes--which is so vital for good painting. Today I did a short study of cyclamen, dark magenta ones this time, right on the same panel I'd done the white ones a few weeks ago. I spent more time working on the leaves than last time, with much success, but I didn't quite nail the vibrancy of the flowers.  Can you spot them, on my busy studio wall? 




Top right corner, of course:



No comments:

Post a Comment