Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In which we give up on photographs...

I've been working on this painting for months, well, on and off for months anyway, and it's finally getting to the end.  I was so excited when I started it, old cameras hold so much fascination for me--that we, human beings, developed them, and that they work, is marvelous, and blows my mind a little.  Modern cameras are marvelous too, but the romance is lost for me in all the circuits and digital bits I can't see or appreciate in quite the same way.  So it's kind of funny to me that I'm having such a hard time getting a decent photograph of this painting.  The two below came out the closest, but you rather have to split the difference to get the painting.  The painting itself isn't quite finished, nearly though.  I thought I'd post it anyway.  


June bug portraits



No comments:

Post a Comment