Wednesday, July 17, 2013

pictures from the kiddie pool.


It's been hot in the studio, very hot. Put your head under the sink to cool off every half hour, hot. Consider the pros and cons of painting naked, hot. Consider putting in a kiddie pool, hot. After careful consideration, I opted for filling a paper soaking tray with ice water and soaking my feet in it between painting shifts--it works surprisingly well. Plus, I got the bonus of a good laugh when I caught sight of myself in the mirror, standing in a tray of water, pallet and brushes in one hand, glass of wine in the other--ridiculous. But I have been painting, despite the heat; I felt I'd been letting life interrupt my painting too much lately (ok, somethings can't be helped, root canals happen, pneumonia happens--but I get annoyed all the same), so I've made myself follow a schedule, and following it I have been.  Here are two pictures of works in progress, brought to this stage through blood, sweat and tears (ok, ok, mostly sweat really, and cold tea and wine). I'm having so much fun with the octopus and the snakes, I can't wait to see them finished!  




No comments:

Post a Comment