Monday, September 22, 2014

Another batch on its way

Here's another batch of Sebbie paintings all dressed up and ready to head to Lotton Gallery in Chicago this time. I'll miss this crew, they were so much fun to create.


I made it out this weekend for some plein air painting with some local painters. It was the first time in, oh, several years I actually made it outside to paint (and last time was quick sketches in Italy), so there was quite the re-learning curve. I always seem to go out when it's windy, so despite my best laid plans, I ended up painting in the sun (the wind took my shade umbrella as an invitation to toss my easel into some rocks) which makes things harder. Below is a (rather glare-filled) picture of the study I did of Gloucester Harbor. I'll have to try again soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment